There are two different version to choose when we purchase or rent movies from iTunes movie store. One is SD movie which is an acronym for Standard Definition movie. And the other is HD (High Definition). Standard definition movies are commonly called as 480p, referring to the 480 rows of pixels from top to bottom. While HD movies feature a higher quality picture, which offered in either 720p or 1080p.
HD VS SD
1. HD contains a lot more pixels compared to SD
2. HD creates finer images compared to SD
3. SD gets blocker much faster with larger screens than HD
4. HD video must be played in an HD display to get the HD experience
5. SD is still the most prominent format especially in TV broadcasting
When you download HD movies on different devices, you might face with different situations. In most cases, you will download movies in HD quality exactly when you download the HD movie from iTunes. And if you want the SD version as well, you have to download it again from the purchase page. However, if the device you use to download HD movies is not HD supported, then the movie you download will automatically change to the SD version and you have to re-download the HD version from purchase page.
1. For Mac users, Mac OS X 10.5 or later is needed. For Windows users, 32 or 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 is required.
2. iTunes 10.6 or later
3. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor
4. At least 2 GB of RAM
5. A display that supports HDCP with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 or higher
The Apple devices that can play iTunes HD movies
1. iPhone 4 or later
3. iPod touch (4th generation or later)
4. Apple TV
The iTunes HD movies you purchased or rented from iTunes movie store are DRM protected by Apple's Fairplay. So you are limited to play the iTunes HD movies on Apple products only, nothing more you can do with the iTunes HD movies unless you can get rid off the DRM protection.
Fortunately, M4VGear DRM Media Converter emerges as required. With this powerful converter, you can convert all M4V video files, including iTunes purchases and rentals, to the unprotected MP4 format ones. What's more, you won't lost the HD quality after DRM removed.
Seeking for a powerful tool to remove DRM from Apple Music, iTunes M4P music or Audiobooks? Sidify Apple Music Converter is an All-in-one software for removing Apple's DRM protection and convert to plain MP3, AAC, Flac or WAV format at 20X speed and keep original audio quality.